BA (Hons) Business Studies with Information Systems
This course will equip you with knowledge of the basics of management information, expert systems,
technology trends, databases, software and dedicated decision support. You will also learn to be an effective project manager and use information systems as a strategic tool. Students study system design principles coupled with database concepts and mobile technologies, complemented by the
management skills needed to plan and organise the large-scale information resources that drive modern organisations. This award equips students for entry into a wide range of IT and management
careers, such as consultancy, systems analysis, database design and project management.
The Qualifications have developed the learner’s ability to:
• Build a powerful understanding of how businesses operate today.
• Learn how to set up processes that identify organisations’ information needs.
• Knowledge of the basics of management information, expert systems, technology trends, databases, software and dedicated decision support.
• Study system design principles coupled with database concepts and mobile technologies, complemented by the management skills needed to plan and organise the large-scale information resources that drive modern organisations.
Course code: INF6214
Course type: Advanced
Course fee: £23,000 per year
Course duration: 3 years
Course delivery: Campus and work placement
Location: Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
The qualification can be offered to Learners from age 18. The Learners need to ensure that they have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access
• IELTS minimum 5.0- 6.5 overall with no fail.
• Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
• Pass 5 GCSE subjects
We consider applicants:
• Who have demonstrated some ability and possess Qualifications at Level 3, for example, ‘A’ Levels or vocational awards.
• Who have spent some time in an organisational role and wish to develop their careers further.
• With professional experience looking to change careers through work-based learning.
• Accounting Aspects of Business
The module provides an introduction to accounting from the manager’s viewpoint, providing an insight into the role of accounting as a decision-making tool for business and managerial decision-making.
• Analysing and Managing Business Data
This module will introduce students to the tools and techniques necessary to uncover information in data sets in order to be able to make suitable decisions based on this information.
• Business and Markets
This module aims to enable students to understand the economic context of modern business by introducing and developing an appreciation of the value of economic approaches, principally through examining the role and functioning of the market. The market is of principal importance in the modern economic environment in which business, citizens and governments operate.
• Introduction to Organisational Behaviour
The module provides an introduction to the nature of organisations in relation to both theory and practice. Students will identify and summarise relevant theory relating to management, leadership, motivation and performance. This will be applied to workplace examples.
• The Business Professional
The module provides students with a series of academic skills and study strategies which will underpin their subsequent studies. Students will be able to identify a variety of study strategies to enhance their learning and maximise the opportunities offered to them by the virtual learning environment.
• Understanding Marketing
This marketing module assumes no prior knowledge of marketing and aims to introduce students to some of the key concepts of marketing. It is designed for Business students to gain an overall appreciation of the field of marketing. Students will understand the importance of marketing within the organisation and how other functions interact it. Students will explore key marketing theories and planning tools in the context of current practice.
Work-based learning Opportunities:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
• Trainee Application Analyst
• Trainee Cyber Security Analyst
• Trainee Database Administrator
• Trainee Information Systems Manager
• Trainee IT consultant
Learners completing this course can progress to:
• Level 7 Master in Business Studies and Information Systems
- Start Course: September 2020
- Duration: 3 years
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: advanced