MBA With Cyber Security
The 100% online MBA with Cyber Security has been designed for ambitious professionals who may not be from a cybersecurity background and who want to future-proof their career prospects with knowledge, skills and credentials in the sought-after areas of leadership, management and cybersecurity. In addition to a comprehensive knowledge base and skill set in leadership, business and management, this MBA delivers knowledge and an applied understanding of cybersecurity trends, issues and regulations and examines how organisations design usable systems to protect information and data.
Receive a brand-new laptop and 128 GB memory stick absolutely FREE to support your studies once your application is successful!
Course Code: MCS7063
Course type: Standard
Course fee: £13,380 per year
Course duration: 2 year
Course delivery: Online and work placement
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A third-class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree (without Honours) or a UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ appropriate work experience
- Applicants who do not hold a recognised degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates 3-5 years relevant organisational experience. The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, project management etc
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
- You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) will also be accepted if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects.
- We also accept WAEC/NECO with a minimum of C6 in English (Certificate should not be more than 5 years old at the time of your application)
Studying the online MBA with Cyber Security, you will analyse and evaluate the principles of cybersecurity and the assessment of risk, threats, vulnerabilities and attack vectors in systems security, information security and operational security. You will explore a range of governance and management topics that examine the processes, procedures and protocols required to implement secure, reliable and effective systems security with identification of suitable metrics to quantify and measure levels of security.
What you will be studying
- Cyber Security & UX Design
This module examines research challenges in the areas of usable security through a review of past and recent research in usable cybersecurity. You will explore, in detail, the nature of usability and the user experience as it applies to cybersecurity, the impact of user psychology, user models, usage contents and usability evaluation techniques. After establishing this important contextual understanding, you will review key challenges within usable cybersecurity such as cyber-security awareness and training. You will focus on one of these challenges within your assessed work.
- Managing data & Competitive Advantages
In this module, you will investigate techniques that organisations use for performing simple analysis of data for a variety of business applications. You will develop an understanding of the types of data used in business, the differences between structured and unstructured data and how tools can be used to represent and analyse different types of data, including big data, in various contexts.
- Organisational Behaviour and Cultural Change
Organisational Behaviour is the study of human behaviour in organisational settings, exploring the interface between human behaviour and the organisation, and the organisation itself. A variety of factors influence organisational behaviour, including structure, policies, processes and management. You will gain knowledge of how companies can manage and lead change effectively, and by understanding organisational behaviour you will support your personal development and ability to set the standard for accepting, negotiating, and implementing change.
- Global Cooperate Social Responsibility & Ethics
This module develops critical insights into corporate social and environmental responsibility. Corporations have a clear ability to influence and shape the environment, our choices as consumers, the rules of government and the quality of our working lives. The module examines contemporary themes using case studies to illustrate the complex relationship between business and society and the alternative frameworks through which the subject can be considered. It explores the issues of accountability and regulation and considers alternative forms of organising such as co-operatives and partnerships in order to question whether these structures enable organisations to engage with the broader aims of corporate social and environmental responsibility.
- Marketing in a Digitally Connected World
Against a backdrop of new technologies and a proliferation of fast-developing marketing channels, effective marketing requires an understanding and ability to design complex solutions that engage effectively with the customer journey. This module explores current marketing theory and how offline and online technologies interact with customers through a myriad of touchpoints. Customers are considered from a range of market perspectives and the application of holistic marketing approaches as a means of supporting ‘needs satisfaction’ and attaining customer loyalty is explored.
Work-based learning opportunities:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Project manager
- Trainee Data Analyst
- Trainee Cyber Security Engineer
- Trainee Business Analyst
- Trainee Business Development Office
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 8 PhD/Masters of Research in Advance IT Security
- Start Course: October 2020
- Duration: 2 Years
- Prerequisites: No