MBA with Supply Chain Management (Standard)
The development of effective supply chain, logistics, and management practices are a key driver of the competitive position and operational efficiency of organizations It provides you with an in-depth understanding of global logistics and supply chain management and the design of sustainable integrated supply chains, in addition to developing enhanced leadership skills. The course is delivered entirely online with a flexible learning model. This enables you to study from anywhere in the world without ever needing to visit campus. It also means that you can study whenever suits you, on desktop or mobile – on your commute, your lunch break, or at the weekend – studying around work and family commitments.
Receive a brand-new laptop and 128 GB memory stick absolutely FREE to support your studies once your application is successful!
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A third-class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree (without Honours) a UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ appropriate work experience
- Applicants who do not hold a recognized degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates 3-5 years of relevant organizational experience. The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, project management, etc
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
- You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) will also be accepted if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects.
- We also accept WAEC/NECO with a minimum of C6 in English (Certificate should not be more than 5 years old at the time of your application)
The online MBA with Supply Chain Management develops capability at the strategic level, providing a critical understanding of effective and ethical supply chain design and management, with a clear appreciation for its contribution to the overall business vision mission, and goals.
You will study the role of supply chain and logistics in organizations and critically examine leading approaches.
What you will be studying
- Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Over the past few decades, there have been many new ideas, tools and frameworks advanced to enable organizations to become both more efficient and more effective. However, few of these have had as much impact on actual business practice and performance as logistics and supply chain management. In this module, you will explore a number of the leading approaches to supply chain management and alternative logistics strategies that are linked to the types of products being sold and the processes used to create and deliver them.
- Sustainability logistics and Integrated Supply Chain Management
Today, leading companies see their supply chains as an essential source of competitive advantage. The transformation in the way in which organizations design and manage the processes of value delivery has been truly revolutionary. Rather than thinking of the business as a set of loosely connected ‘vertical’ functions, it is increasingly recognized that the goal has to be to break down the walls between those functions and instead to manage ‘horizontal’, customer-facing processes in an integrated approach. This module explores contemporary supply chain designs that reflect this new way of thinking. The module also looks beyond how logistics can influence organizational success and considers economic sustainability with environmental management as it applies to supply chain management.
- International Trade
Walking into a supermarket and finding bananas and coffee from South America, wine from California and New Zealand, and cocoa from Nigeria is a result of international trade. This module will provide you with an understanding of how countries expand their markets for both goods and services that otherwise may not have been available domestically. It will explore how international trade leads to greater competition and competitive pricing and how this affects the consumer. You will understand the flow of goods and services across international boundaries from supply and demand factors, economic integration, and policy variables.
- International Strategic Management
Business is increasingly becoming global. The global view relates not only to an assessment of competitors but also the geographic and demographic areas in which they function. This module examines key contemporary issues surrounding international and global strategic management. A framework will be established to enable you to understand the strategic management and strategic leadership processes involved in organizations. In this context, the strategy can only be analyzed and understood when the various stakeholders and their complex relationships are considered as part of the management of multinational enterprises (MNEs). This is achieved by examining the design of strategic management and leadership processes and how strategic decisions affect the functioning of organizations operating in both domestic and international markets.
- Operations Management
Operations management is the administration of business practices designed to establish the highest level of efficiency within an organization. You will appreciate how to focus on the conversion of materials and labor into goods and services as effectively and efficiently as possible in order to maximize profit. You will also gain an understanding of the theory and practice behind the balancing of costs with revenue in order to achieve the highest possible operating profit.
Work-based learning opportunities:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Project and Change Manager
- Trainee Digital/International Marketing
- Trainee HR Management
- Trainee Performance Manager
- Trainee Financial Manager
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 8 Ph.D./Masters of Research in Financial Management
- Start Course: October 2020
- Duration: 2 Years
- Prerequisites: No