MSc Management with Human Resources (Standard)
The 100% online MBA with Healthcare Management has been created for leaders and aspiring leaders who are in the healthcare sector or are seeking a career move into the healthcare sector. The MBA degree has been specifically designed to develop sector-specific management and leadership skills in the healthcare context.
You will understand leadership in national and global health and social care contexts and will build a broad-based knowledge base and skill set across business and management. The MBA with Healthcare Management will help grow your confidence as a leader, develop your data analysis, problem-solving, and innovation skills, and equip you to guide the strategic direction in the healthcare sector.
Receive a brand-new laptop and 128 GB memory stick absolutely FREE to support your studies once your application is successful!
Course Code: MHM7053
Course type: Standard
Course fee: £13,380 per year
Course duration: 2 year
Course delivery: Online and work placement
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A third-class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree (without Honours) or a UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ appropriate work experience
- Applicants who do not hold a recognized degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates 3-5 years of relevant organizational experience. The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, project management, etc.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
- You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) will also be accepted if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects.
- We also accept WAEC/NECO with a minimum of C6 in English (Certificate should not be more than 5 years old at the time of your application)
On the MBA with Healthcare Management, you will explore organisational development and its purpose in health and social care organisations, evaluating leadership and management theories and models that are appropriate for a healthcare environment. You will study leadership in national and global health and social care contexts and will build a broad-based knowledge base and skill set across business and management.
What you will be studying
- Developing Skills for Business Leadership
Becoming self-aware, reflecting and appreciating personal strengths and weaknesses supports self-development and leads to skills improvement. Pivotal to successful and effective management and leadership is an appreciation that professionals have different approaches to their work, originating from a range of diverse personality traits, attributes and beliefs. This module helps you to understand these and how they are determinants of an individual’s effectiveness and enables you to develop and enhance your ability to manage and lead others.
- Original Development in Health and Social Care
In this module, you will explore organisational development and its purpose in the health and social care setting. The module will evaluate the adoption of organisational development to improve care provision between organisations and individuals and organisations and environments. You will learn how the impacts of both company and individual performance and development can enable organisations and their individual members to deliver increasingly effective and efficient services; anticipating, initiating and managing change.
- Developing Management in Health and Social Care Settings
In this module, you will explore the role of leadership in improving the quality of health or social care. The module provides you with a critical understanding of leadership identity and the impact on people and organisations. You will evaluate the adoption of leadership techniques to improve care provision and gain an appreciation of the key issues, trends and ethical and diverse perspectives that impact on decision making.
- Operational Management
Organisational Behaviour is the study of human behaviour in organisational settings, exploring the interface between human behaviour and the organisation, and the organisation itself. A variety of factors influence organisational behaviour, including structure, policies, processes and management. You will gain knowledge of how companies can manage and lead change effectively, and by understanding organisational behaviour you will support your personal development and ability to set the standard for accepting, negotiating, and implementing change.
- Financial management and control
This module explains how to measure and compare financial performance and use knowledge of an entity’s cost in operational and strategic management. It explores cost management and analysis, costing methods and control, strategic planning, decision making and budgeting. You will consider budgetary preparation and financial control, develop an understanding of how to appraise investment opportunities and make business financing decisions and of the role of working capital.
- Managing Data and Competitive Advantage
In this module, you will investigate techniques that organisations use for performing simple analysis of data for a variety of business applications. You will develop an understanding of the types of data used in business, the differences between structured and unstructured data and how tools can be used to represent and analyse different types of data, including big data, in various contexts.
Work-based learning opportunities:
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Healthcare Administrator.
- Trainee Patient Finance Manager.
- Trainee Healthcare Department Manager.
- Trainee Population Health Manager.
- Trainee Quality and Improvement Manager
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 8 PhD/Masters of Research in Financial Management
- Start Course: October 2020
- Duration: 2 Years
- Prerequisites: No