MSc Management with Law (Standard)
Give yourself a competitive advantage in management and leadership with a 100% online MSc Management with Law. This course is specifically designed for ambitious professionals and non-legal specialists who want to set themselves apart with a comprehensive skill set and understanding of the management discipline, in combination with specialist knowledge of the legal aspects of business and how they can shape policy and practice.
The MSc Management with Law is ideally suited to professionals, managers, and leaders in a wide range of roles across the world, including in disciplines such as procurement, logistics, operations management, finance, human resource management and marketing management.
Receive a brand-new laptop and 128 GB memory stick absolutely FREE to support your studies once your application is successful!
Course Code: MGL7073
Course type: Standard
Course fee: £12,300 per year
Course duration: 2 year
Course delivery: Online and work placement
- At least a UK 2.2 undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A UK Master’s degree (or international equivalent) plus a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A third-class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree (without Honours) or a UK equivalent professional qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ appropriate work experience
- Applicants who do not hold a recognized degree will be asked to provide evidence which demonstrates 3-5 years of relevant organizational experience. The work experience must be at a graduate level, in either a managerial or professional capacity which may include voluntary work, placements, internships, project management, etc.
English language requirements
The Qualifications have been designed to be accessible without artificial barriers that restrict access and progression:
- You need an overall score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 or higher in each component: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. An alternative approved Secure English Language Test (SELT) will also be accepted if the applicant’s element scores are equivalent to those required for IELTS.
- Minimum 3A Levels or equivalent qualification.
- Pass 5 GCSE subjects.
- We also accept WAEC/NECO with a minimum of C6 in English (Certificate should not be more than 5 years old at the time of your application)
The MSc Management with Law equips you to become a capable and strategic manager in a wide range of organizations, setting you up for success in an increasingly international business context. You will gain a specialist understanding of business law and will learn how to deal with the legal complexity of mediation and arbitration in the current challenging global business environment.
You will enhance your knowledge and develop your management skills and potential. MSc Management with Law is particularly designed to develop a range of conceptual and analytical skills for dealing with a variety of practical management problems of an operational and strategic nature.
What you will be studying
- International Business Law
This module explores the complex and evolving challenges which managers face and how law can provide managers with the key guidance and tools to overcome them. The module focuses on developing the legal skills which are crucial to management success as the legal environment increasingly interacts with the commercial world in today’s business environment.
- International Business Environment
This module examines strategic management within an international business context. It develops an understanding of corporate strategy and explains the dynamic of transnational corporations as players in an increasingly competitive global environment. The impact of foreign direct investment and the actions of global players as they seek to identify competitive advantages are considered.
- Cross-Cultural management
Cross-cultural management is the study of management in a cross-cultural context. Its focus is on the influence of societal culture on managers and leaders and on their practice. This module looks at how cultural differences influence behavior and communication and focuses on developing managers who are effective in cross-cultural environments. At the end of the modules, you will have a critical understanding of these influences and will be able to recognize the skills necessary to take advantage of a multicultural work environment.
- Financial Management and Control
This module looks at the systems of internal measures put in place by those responsible for financial management. By managing risk, these measures seek to ensure that financial and other resources are used in regular, ethical, economical, and effective ways that are to the benefit of the business and support its objectives. The module examines Financial Management and Control, the system which directs and controls the financial effects of budget user’s operations in a way that ensures that they support business success.
- Operation Management
Operations management is the administration of business practices designed to establish the highest level of efficiency within an organization. It focuses on the conversion of materials and labour into goods and services as effectively and efficiently as possible in order to maximize profit. This module focuses on the theory and practice behind the balancing of costs with revenue in order to achieve the highest possible operating profit.
- Managing and leading people
This module focuses on the relationship between individual performance and organizational policies and practices. It looks at various aspects of recruitment and retention, organizational culture, motivation, and reward. It examines leadership and performance management and considers the changing role of the line manager. Finally, the module covers flexibility and change in the context of the organization’s internal and external environments.
Work-based learning opportunities
Below are examples of potential career opportunities you could explore:
- Trainee Investment Banker
- Trainee Company/Trademark Attorney
- Trainee Management Consultant
- Trainee Immigration Assistant
- Trainee Legal Executive
Learners completing this course can progress to:
- Level 8 Ph.D./Masters of Research in Law and Management
- Start Course: October 2020
- Duration: 2 Years
- Prerequisites: No